In order to make the best use of the software, you have to make sure to keep the software updated to the latest release. If you have a Mac Device, then you can use the Microsoft AutoUpdate feature. This feature will ensure that the office setup you are using on your device is always updated. the tool will automatically look for the latest updates and install them if available. If there is any update or improvement in the version of the Office software you are using then it will automatically update. it.
Apart from this, Users who have subscriptions to Office 365 can enjoy the benefits of the latest release of the software. Below listed are some common ways that you can follow to update the office setup on your Mac device.
Update Office Setup Automatically
You can follow these methods to update the Office setup automatically on your device.
method: 1 “Check For Updates”
- Go to the Mircosoft office suite and open any of its applications. double-click on Ms-excel to open it.
- Now from the menu bar, click upon the help option and then choose the “Check for updates” option.
- Wait until it looks for any available updates so that you can install it on your device.
In case, You are unable to locate the “Check for Updates” option then you need to first download and install the Autoupdate tool developed by Microsoft. run the software for once and then repeat the steps given above to see if the “Check for updates” option is available or not.
- Once it shows the available updates, mark the checkbox of “Automatically keep Microsoft Apps up to date”. This will look for any new improvement or updates in the software and install it automatically.
- Now click on Download updates to start the download of the update on your Mac device.
- If you wish to know about these updates then simply click on the Arrow mentioned near the updates.
- It will show you all the details about the application that includes its review, Installation date, version, etc.
- You can also click on the “Update all” option to install all the latest updates of the software.
Method: 2 Automatic Update from Mac Store
this method is for the users who have downloaded the MS office application from Mac Store. they can enable the automatic update service from the Mac Store. It will regularly look for the recent updates and improvements in the MS Office software version you are using and install it automatically. you can also update the software manually if you want. Follow the steps given below to enable automatic updates on Mac.
- Open the Finder app on your Mac device and open the Mac App Store using it.
- Now go to the Menus at left and click on the updates option.
- now click on Update all the to install the latest release of the software on your Mac device.
Use Office Insider For Early Updates
If you have the office insider subscription then you can enjoy the early updates benefits from the Microsoft Software. this allows the users to download the preview of the update to check its compatibility. They can also send feedback to the Microsoft office directly. However, these services are available only for the users who have Office Insider subscription. You can follow the steps below to get the insider updates.
- Open any Office application such as PowerPoint, word, etc.
- Now click on Help and then choose the”Check for updates” option.
- now click on the advanced option and choose either “Insider slow” or “Insider fast”.
- now click on accept and then check for the available office updates.
Now the Microsoft Autoupdate feature will be enabled and it will ensure to keep the Office setup installed on your device updated. However, there are some issues that might cause you an error while installing the software. this office installation error generally occurs because of damaged or corrupted installation files. In case you have encountered an error while installing the Office Setup then you can go to office.com/setup to get a quick solution.